The Marbold Farmstead has undergone many changes in over 100 years. Three stages of the home at the Marbold Farmstead are shown below.
The Historic Marbold Farmstead Association purchased the Farmstead in 2011. Since the purchase, the Association has focused on various restoration projects, as shown in photos below.
During the last half of 2017 and early 2018 roofing was installed on the North Annex and we replaced the roofing on the main house. The summer kitchen got new windows and its chimney is now ready for a cook stove to be attached.
During June 2017 the entire roof was replaced and the cu-pola repaired and painted on the Ice House. The work was done by local roofer, Dallas Gresham and his crew. This building is now ready to withstand the elements of the prairie winds and weather. The after picture below shows its beauty. A brick located at the southeast corner of the building is engraved with the date “1902”.
During 2016 Progress was made on the summer kitchen and carriage house with the completed roof and covered walkway over the entire north annex, These pictures were taken in November 2016.
In the fall of 2015 the Board of Directors felt that the North Annex, which was in major decline, should be designated a priority in the restoration of the Farmstead. The North Annex incorporates the wash house, the dairy room, smoke house, carriage house, and summer kitchen. A new roof and floor were added, as well as new footings and foundation for the wash house's north wall put into place. New, handmade windows will be installed and the original door will be restored.
In 2013 a new kitchen sub-floor was installed. The Ice House roof and cupola also were repaired. The soffits, gutters, and downspouts were restored. Beautiful corbels were also added to the roofline. .